Sunday, January 21, 2007

Welcome to The World of Sicko's

Not that people in my house are perverts or anything, but someone always seems to be sick in this house. Dion was sick before, Claire had the flu for New Year's, if you remember. Nadia has the cough that just sounds nasty. Then, on Friday, in between my spilt shift, Claire got sick again. Not the flu, but when I came home her eyes were bloodshot with heavy lids. She had acquired Nadia's cough, was quite warm and said she hurt all over but mostly her head and ear. Great. Her ear. Again. She just had an ear infection last November and here we are again. We tried the common meds, they didn't do much, so Claire and I were off the the ER last night. She go some numbing drops and antibiotics for her ear infection, and seems to be doing better today. Not quite 100%, but she's getting there. She's fighting with Nadia, so we know she's feeling better.

I on the other hand am still fighting some sinus stuff. On Wednesday or Thursday (I can't remember which) I fell asleep at 8:30pm. I have been pretty much useless this past week, and the bad thing is that I have to sub for the next 2 weeks. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but when you don't feel well, that light is pretty darn dim.

Claire wants to play something on the computer with me, then it's time for naps so I must go. We are getting a little snow today though. It looks rather pretty.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Uugghh. I hate that when the cold gets passed around. We have been doing pretty good so far. Keeping fingers crossed, toes crossed, and legs crossed. (Do you think that would help? Maybe if everything's crossed, then nothing gets touched. If nothing gets touched, then nothing gets spread. Then we are healthy.)--snicker, snicker. Okay, okay, bad one.

Been getting snow pretty good out here. BTW, I am from Fond du Lac. So it is about an hour away from Brookfield.