Saturday, April 29, 2006

Angel Lisa

I have come out of my drug induced sleep enough to check my regular websites and email, and found that the woman I spoke about before, Lisa, is finally free of her pain. She passed away this morning at about 10am. She has had a long battle, documented on her site, www.lisawillsurvive.com if you are interested in reading about her. There is also a video clip on her website that is very touching.

Anyway, I think about Lisa, who was two years old than I am. I think about how extremely lucky I am, all in all. I can sit here and complain about the staples in my boobs, but really, I am here. I am here to celebrate life. Yesterday Claire made a drawing of our family. I thought by the movement of her pen that she was just scribbling. Then she handed me the paper and I just about cried. She drew four happy faces. Two eyes and a smile, two eyes and a smile, two eyes and a smile, two eyes and a smile. I am alive to see my little girl draw her first family picture. I am blessed. I am beyond lucky.

My heart goes out to Lisa's family. How horrible to watch her go, but at the same time, how wonderful that she is free. Rest in peace Warrior Princess Sister. Watch over the rest of us with loving eyes.

No comments: