Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'd Tell Ya, But I Don't Know

Yesterday went well. They gave me a little of the good stuff before I went into the operating room, which they have done before. It's good for the nerves. But what hasn't happened before is that is the last thing I remember. No, I take that back, I guess that happened before my TRAM surgery too. I don't remember a thing, conscious sedation is the way to go, my friends.

Now I say that I would love to tell you how they look, but something I did not know would be involved are staples. I have staples in my boobs. And stapled and stitched to my new party hats are these pretty yellow gauze pads that stick out by about an inch. Not really what I was expecting to see. I have about a three inch incision on both hips from the skin grafts, and they are actually the area that is most sore, since I don't have feeling in my boobs. That is a good, but bad thing, good because I don't have pain, bad because I don't know if I injure myself. Although I do have what seems to be some deep tissue pain in my boobs, but nothing the Darvocet can't beat up. The other kicker is that I can't get my boobs wet until my next appointment, which is next Thursday. Interesting. This very well could be a fun week. Or not.

Anyway, just wanted to update as much as I could. I had wonderful nurses, a very talented doctor, and I can't wait to see my accessories for real!

No comments: