Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Pause For a Brew

Ahhhhhh....that is the sound I made after taking my first sip of beer. I have stopped for a moment to sit down, write a little, and have a beer. Mmmmm...beer. Anyway, I am packing for my trip to the Dells. It is my Breast Cancer Survivors Under 40 Retreat. To say that I need this break would be an understatement. But like I told Dion, I think emotionally it will be a challenging weekend. So, I am trying to get ready for that, along with packing my bags and hitting the open road tomorrow after taking the girls to daycare. Speaking of, I wish I could be a fly on the wall watching Dion with the girls for 4 days alone. I will say that, almost every time in the past 6 months that Dion has gone out of town, they have been very good, so maybe they will be for him too. Maybe. You never can tell with these girls. I had Nadia say to me,

"I'll be righ back, K? K?!?!"

And no, I did not misspell "right", that is how she says it. I wanted you, the reader, to have the full experience.

But anyway, here I am swimming in a mix of emotions for tomorrow. One of my goals is to sleep in past 8:00AM. That shouldn't be too hard to do, right? Man, I hope not, or I am one sorry person. Another goal is to get some tips from others, who know what I am talking about, dealing with moving on. I swear, just today I thought to myself,

"I had cancer. So what?"

Maybe that is a sign that I am finally moving on in life, that it doesn't have to stay frozen in time when I was 29 and diagnosed, that I can continue to grow as a person, that I can live. Is that what it means?

No comments: