Sunday, April 16, 2006

Unfolded Laundry Part Two

This would be a follow up to a previous post which I proclaimed that I refuse to fold the clothes that were left when I was gone last weekend, and true to my word they are still sitting on the folding table. In a pile. Getting more and more wrinkled by the minute. Just sitting there, taunting me, daring me to fold them and put them away. But I will not. I am still refusing. I think that's where all of my socks are though, so I have had to reach into the vault and pull out some old sad looking once-were-white socks. But I will not fold that pile of clothes.

Today, I happen to mention to Dion that I refused to fold that pile. Here's how our conversation went (as a disclaimer, I cannot remember word for word what was said, and I am only stating this because Dion will tell you that that was not exactly what he said to me. Now, that may be true, but the gist of the story will still be there. Ha Dion!)

"And I refuse. I didn't do it and I will not fold those clothes." said Sue.

"Huh. I was wondering about that." said Dion. "But really, you should think of it this way, I did that as a favor. I did part of the job for you."

Hold the phone! What just came out of his mouth? He did that as a favor? Interesting. I responded with,

"Ok, tomorrow night when you come home from work I will have half of your dinner ready, then you can finish cooking the rest. And by the way, I will not wash anymore of your clothes until that pile is folded."

A gasp from the crowd! OHHHHH! But that is actually a lie because I have clothes in the washer and dryer right now and I am pretty sure some of his are in both machines. Damn it.


It was at that moment that he walked out of the room, not too happy with my analogy. So, in honor of that, I have been thinking of other things that I could just to the halfway mark, and present them to Dion. Now, keep in mind that I have a feeling that my number one fan, Charlie will be reading this before my husband, and I am counting on him to inform Dion of what is to come. I would love to say that his other co-worker, Pat, is a true Sue Blog follower, but I am not sure that Pat knows how to find my blog. I have to be careful though, because Pat has a habit of nick-naming people, so for the sake of that........Pat is wonderful and a great guy who knows how to decorate way better than I ever could. So I count on Charlie. Good old Charlie. He works with Dion so every once in a while he'll comment on something I have written that has to do with Dion, and D will come home ranting about my interpretation of how he cleans toilets. Which in and of itself is not true. I have never talked about how he cleans toilets. Go ahead and look through the whole blog, but I will save you time by telling you that I have not talked about that subject. I did quote him about when he said he would clean the bathroom, but nothing specific about toilets.

I will say that I think Dion is getting nervous as I sit here pecking away at the keyboard, he just mentioned something about having to word it "just right". So with that motivation, here goes my list.

I already mentioned dinner, but it's worth mentioning again.

When he needs razors and shaving cream, I will come home with Veet, and you know my history with Veet.

When he asks me to mail an eBay package, I will deliver it to the post office door step, then leave, laughing the whole way home.

When paying the bills, I will write out the check, and leave it on the counter, hoping the magic bill paying fairy will take care of the rest.

When shopping for food, I will buy for example, cereal, but no milk.

If and when we get another bat in the house, I might not be able to catch it like last time.

I suppose I could go on and on, but my brain is tired, and I probably seem like enough of a witch to the general public. This is not to say that Dion doesn't do anything around the house. Just tonight he made dinner for all of us. But that statement he said earlier just about killed me, so I had to write about it tonight.

Also as a follow up, I have been spending some more time reading or napping when the girls are napping, and I feel the general well being of the house slipping away. I feel guilty not doing things that need to be done. I have a hard time sitting here now actually, because the buzzer for the dryer went off, and we all know who ISN'T going to fold the clothes. That leaves me. So, now I must go and finish the last few loads before I go to bed and start the routine all over again.

No comments: