Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Forgot To Add

So yesterday I talked about how long my wait was at Mayo. I told Paul (see picture) that I was going to be in trouble since I only brought $5 with me (parking is usually $4) and I would have to go to the ATM and get more money. He laughed and told me to tell them that it was my last day of treatment so I get free parking. We both chuckled, and with that I headed to the ATM and the parking ramp. I made my way down from floor 7 and had three lines to choose from. Ok, the far left had a line of 3 cars (no good), the guy in the middle only had one car, but is the slowest person ever to exchange parking tickets, money and receipts with, so that left the far right, which had two cars. I waited, got to the window and handed my ticket and $20 over and said,

"They told me to tell you that parking is free because it was my last treatment."

We both laughed, and she said,

"Really? Then why did you hand me the $20?"

We both laughed again.

She put my little ticket through her machine, and I waited for my change and receipt. She didn't give me a receipt. She didn't because you see, she handed my $20 back and said,

"Congratulations, and good luck to you."

So that brings me back to the theory which I have talked about before. When it comes to cancer (or any other horrific event) there are angels and a-holes. I have met another angel.

No comments: