Wednesday, May 24, 2006

As Of Late

Yesterday I was able to do direct care with the kids in my program. I didn't know how much I had missed them. I was able to do a little catching up with them, asking about the count down until the last day of school, finding out what was new in their lives. It rocked. I played Uno with a handful of them as we got closer to closing time, and laughed like I haven't at my job, as of late. They have a way with me, that reminds me of why I do what I do, for the most part. It gets lonely working my shift, stuck in my little office with not a lot of contact with anyone, unless I need to make a trip to the office for whatever reason. So any time that I get to spend with the kids is priceless. They are able to fill a void that I have yet been able to put my finger on. Anyway.....

I had to call Dell today to order some more ink for our printer. I don't know how many times I told the lady that all I needed was one package of blank ink. One. Not two, not two and two color ink jets, no, I didn't need the "special" paper that apparently is all that will work in our printer (odd, the paper I have works fine). And for the love of God why, every time I go to order things from them, do they insist that I live at my parents address? STOP IT! I have them over and over our address. I have told them that probably my parents have an account with them too since they also have a Dell computer, but I assured her that I did not live with them. I have my own address, as strange as that concept may be. JUST MAIL ME THE DAMN INK! Ok. Whew. Got that out of my system.

We got a little pool for the girls and that is up and running in our backyard. To say that they love it would be an understatement. Unfortunately, they also love to go from the pool to the sandbox and vise versa. We seem to be building a little lake in our backyard, complete with a slide and plastic play things. No sea weed, as of yet. Wait. Does all of the grass floating around count as sea weed? Ah, sure. Why not?

I love American Idol (don't judge me) and tonight is the final night. I think it is on for 10 hours or something. But I do have to say that I am still on the bitter train (woo woo) because of Chris being voted out. He's my new boyfriend. Hot tamale. But, since he is gone, I am on the Soul Patrol bandwagon, and am proud to say that I have been since day one, I just liked Chris a tiny bit better. Hot tamale. But my vote (ok, about 20 of my votes) went to Taylor last night. Yes, I am a nerd who calls in and votes, but to my defense, I only started doing that this year. I need a life. Why am I so in love with this show? Simple. Because they can do what I could never do in a million years. And guess what? I love the musical Cats, too. In fact, my mom and I are going to go see it next week, and I can hardly wait.

So, with that, I will upload a few pictures of our backyard lake and then I have to go get the girls. I love comp time.....

No comments: