Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ugh. Just Plain Old Ugh.

To say that today has been a long day would be the understatement of the year. I brought Dion home yesterday from the hospital, and he has ventured downstairs two or three times. Otherwise he has been laid up in bed sleeping and watching TV. He is supposed to be able to take his band-aides off today, but I don't know if that is going to happen or not. I am looking forward to saying to him what he has said to me these past two years...

"Quick like a band-aide!"

There's something to be said about paybacks....hee hee hee....anyway, the girls have been busy, which is a nice way of saying that they have been driving me nuts. We went outside and played for a while. And it was there that Nadia decided to finally poop after three days of trying. Huge. Or as she said, "It's a big big big big giant poop!" And it was. So we made a break for the house to fix that mess, and then went back out. We went in for lunch, then it was time for naps. After I got them in bed, I cut the grass in the front and back yards and came in the house ready to fall over. It was hot today. high 80's lower 90's. Plus part of the back yard is a hill. I had sweat pouring off of me, running into my eyes, and I had a hard time breathing for a while. I hit the shower and decided to take a little nap. Little. That lasted about 20 minutes when Claire came into the spare room and woke me up. Oh well.

Nadia was up shortly after that and I decided to take them out for a walk in the stroller. Mental. By the time I got home, I was in need of another shower. In need, but didn't do it. Instead, I loaded the girls into the car and went to McDonald's. I am happy to say that they are sitting on the couch watching Care Bears, being relatively good. My head hurts. So along with dealing with these girls today, I was also back and forth with Dion. I had to sleep with my cell phone by the spare bed because he needed help getting up (turned out that he could do it on his own). He has had a sore throat so it has been hard for him to eat certain foods. I think he is doing better. He moans every once in a while, but is almost standing up straight when he moves. I keep pushing that with him, and I am sure that he is sick of hearing it, but he has to start walking straight. That was something they forced when I had my TRAM. With any abdominal surgery, that is told to you over and over. It was interesting though in the hospital. Dion said three or four times in between moans, "I don't know how you did it." I am thinking he has a new respect for me. I did tell him that was one of the many differences between men and women, and also why women have babies. I saw all of my operations as slow downs, not knock downs, I guess. Beth sternly told me to remember that people have different levels of pain tolerance, and that I should not comment on his three band-aides and show him my scar that is hip to hip. She said that I should be nice and empathetic towards him, and I think for the most part, I have been. I have run my ass off today, and was cranky for a bit, but with good reason. I am exhausted and I can't even believe that I am still thinking about painting Claire's room, but I am.

I took off my big bandage, and now just have the steri-strips (is that what they are called?) on where my port used to be. I did a little damage today I think when I was cutting the grass. I ended up with a little red tinted fluid oozing for my incision, but that dried up, and things are good again.

Ok, I have to get Nadia in bed. Or at least try to get her in bed. It has become a fight to keep her in bed. She usually ends up pulling her bedding off and sleeping on the floor. Polish.

No comments: