Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Minor Addiction

Ok. I will admit it. I have a problem. There. I said it....sigh. I can't help it. There is a fairly new section in Yahoo called Yahoo Answers (I think that's what it is called) and I go there all of the time to just read through some of them. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I wonder about society, always I am entertained. But believe it or not, I almost always learn something. But I do caution you, keep in mind that there is a wide variety of people answering questions, and some have no clue as to what they are talking about. But it's still fun.

Well, the Flaska household is slowly recovering. While Dion has spent a large amount of the day sleeping, he says he is feeling better, which is good. He got his staples out yesterday, and I think that is half of the battle. It's like a little bit of your freedom is returned to you at that point. I took off my little Steri Strips, popping one tape blister in the process. I attacked the rest of them (5) yesterday with a tweezers. Gross. What's the lesson learned here? It sucks having an allergy to tape. Actually, I learned that after my first mastectomy. Now those blisters hurt! And while I have always said that I have gotten nothing but wonderful treatment by the nursing staff, Dion now says the same thing about the staff that took care of him. It's nice to know that you will be treated well, if you ever need to be hospitalized there.

So I guess that's it for today. At least for now. I really don't have much to say. I am hoping that will change in the next week or so with some news that I hope I can share, but we'll see. In the meantime, I am going to take some battle wound pictures of Dion and I to post. We make quite a team!

No comments: