Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Frozen Sweat

Sounds like an oxymoron, huh? I thought so too, but that is the best way for me to describe my working environment. Let me explain.

As I have stated before, I work in my own little office, alone, with all of my friends. That office is in the back of a classroom, room 160. The past few days have been rather hot, in the 90's for example. Now, my program is run out of the commons, so that is where my staff and the kids are hanging out all day. If you are bold enough to enter my office, you would soon find that sweat is a rollin' down your face, back, chest, legs, and unmentionables. Why, you ask? The AC for that part of the school is, ummm, what do you call it, ah yes that's right....it's gone down the crap shoot. I haven't had air in my office for going on 2 weeks now. Hot? The devil is breathing down my back in more ways than one.

So I venture out into the commons to see how things are going, and my body goes into shock. It is friggin freezing in there! My sweat instantly stops running down my body and turns into this slushy like substance (ok, not really, but you get the point).

As you understand, the AC in the commons is also not working but in the opposite direction. It WON'T stop cooling. There's no way I am going to get through this without getting sick.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Ugh. I hate that "shock" your body goes through when you go in and out of places with AC.

I get so cold. My husband just turned on the CA last night. Now I will be wearing a sweatshirt in the house and need to take it off when I go outside. I can't win.

How about when you go inside a store like WalMart. It's hot outside and it is soo cold in the store-my flesh looks like chicken skin.

Hope they can pipe in some of that cold air from the commons into your office somehow or just fix it.