Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Zzzzzzzzzz

Yikes. I slept horribly last night, and when the alarm went off at 4:30am, I didn't even move. Dion nudged me at 5:15 and I told him we should just ditch everything and lay in bed all day long. Sigh. Yeah, right.

We are at Mayo right now. I have had my x-ray and blood work and now we wait for my next appointment. I was able to get some cereal and a soda, thankfully, so I am a little happier now. Every time we have to come to Mayo for this kind of appointment, Dion and I pick a comedian to listen to in the car. Today's pick was Mitch Hedberg. He is a funny guy and it is a shame he died so young. We have made it a ritual to listen o funny people on the way to a not so funny situation. It's interesting what we do as humans to cope with stressful things.

Dion and I were able to go out to eat last night since my parents were keeping the girls overnight. We ate so much that when we got home we plopped on the bed and just talked. We were shortly joined by the dog and one of the cats. It was so quiet without the girls, something that we have not experienced in that house. We both love the girls to death, but having things be so quiet and peaceful before today was something I will treasure. We decided to watch a movie after that, and I think by 8:30pm Dion was asleep. I dozed on and off and we made our way upstairs at 11:00pm. I was up until about 12:30am, and woke up on and off the rest of the night.

And now here we sit. Of course I will update everyone after we finish with the rest of my appointments today. Until then, well, we just wait.

No comments: