Thursday, February 21, 2008

Maybe

I have earner an extra 15 hours of comp time this week and it is catching up with me. My chest feels tight, I can't seem to be productive in my coughing all of the time, and I just want to sleep for about 3 days. Is that so wrong?

I have been doing a lot of direct care this week....probably why I am getting sick......and you may remember that my last post talked a bit about not enjoying being around the kids. I take that back. I have had a good time with them these last few days. I have laughed pretty hard at some things, been frustrated at other things, but all in all, I have had a good time with the kids, which is great. I was worried that maybe I had overdone working with kids, as I have been doing that for the last 15 years or so, minus a year or two in there. Maybe things will be ok.

My dad might be able to come home from the hospital tomorrow if his blood work and chest x-ray turn out ok. He had gotten pneumonia so they have to make sure that is cleared up. He is out of isolation which is great, but he is supposed to start his next round of chemo in 5 days. I am not so sure that is going to happen quite yet, but who knows? Stranger things have happened, right?

No comments: