Saturday, March 18, 2006

The First and the Last

The following might make some people uncomfortable, but since this is my blog, and it's about how I feel, I am going to write it, not out of spite or anger, but because I need to.

The title of this entry basically says it all. I ended my post yesterday saying,

"Let me be the first to say to myself, Happy Cancerversary. Here's to many more."

I was the first, and the last person to say this to me. My two years of struggle, pain, tears, fear, hopelessness, accomplishments, and goals went unnoticed. I shouldn't say that, they have been noticed, but it would have been nice if yesterday, even if it were one person, said something like,

"Wow, it's been quite a ride, huh?"

Why is this such a big thing for me? I have no clue. Why do I feel so sad about it? Again, no idea. All I know is that I just do. But, that day is gone, and now it's time to celebrate my baby. She will be two tomorrow, but her party is today. We have a nice size group coming over, a little under 20 or so, I think, and there's still lots to do.

So, I am rolling up my sleeves, and getting down to business. Today is a new day, with the hopes of another one right around the corner. Life is good, please don't take this entry as woe is me, life sucks, blah blah blah, because it doesn't. Most of the time. I have been blessed with many wonderful people in my lives, a lot of which will be here today, and that is what is important.

Now, let's eat some cake!

No comments: