Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Well, this is one for the books. Both girls had fevers and could not go trick or treating. How much does that suck as a kid? As an adult, not so much minus the fact that the girls got stir crazy and Claire cried for 45 minutes. Other than all of that, it was not too bad.

I always think of my dad for the holidays and how much he loved to decorate for them. Halloween was a big one for him. It's so odd. Growing up I don't remember him being all that in to holidays. He really didn't have a lot of time for them. He sure did make up for it though as his got more and more grand kids. It was like the more grand kids he got, the more decorations he bought and proudly displayed. Sometimes to my moms dismay.

So now here we sit with unused costumes that most likely won't fit next year. Although we did take the girls to the store during trick or treating time to pick out their own candy and find a movie and a toy. That seemed to be a fair trade in their books. Plus, the store was pretty much empty and kind of enjoyable. Kind of.

My stomach is so full. Too full. Dion made a spicy beef and vegetable soup from scratch and it was oh so good...even if it had a little kick to it. I had to drink a bit of milk to counter act the spice. I can still feel it on my tongue.

Ok, I guess that's it for this holiday. It's pretty much over, but I wouldn't mind watching some scary movies. But we'll see. Things tend to not pan out in the night for me. But I am listening to the scanner as I write since I am pretty sure it will be a busy night for the police. It has been so far.

2 comments:

KaiCeder said...

Oh my goodness! I had to laugh with that last sentence! Grandma used to sleep with the scanner on right next to her head. It was the most annoying thing! It would squack and go off at all hours of the night. The next morning she would comment that this or that happened. I always wondered why she listened to that thing. Must run in the family, eh?

Sue Flaska said...

Grandma? As in our mother's mom? I don't know why I have a hard time imagining her listening to a scanner, Funny!