Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here, There, Everywhere

That is how my brain feels lately. I don't feel like I have all of me in my family, work, home responsibilities, basically everything. I don't feel like I have or am succeeding at anything right now. There are all of these directions that I want to go in, but can't. Have you ever had one of these slumps? What did you do to get out of it?

I am taking my mom to Mayo on Tuesday. I would like to update you buy I don't really know what's going on. She did get an "apology" letter from her ass of a plastic surgeon. Why the quotes? Because he has proved himself not only an ass in person, but in the written language. I told my mom to bring the letter so we can ask if that is really what Mayo supports as an apology. In the meantime, this coming appointment is supposed to be a pre-pp so technically she should have the surgery within the month. We'll see.

There is a coffee shop in town that is for sale. I so wish we could buy it. There is also an appartment included in it. I told Dion he is welcome to visit me as long as he calls first. Hahaha! Seriously though, the atmosphere reminds me of the coffee shop in Friends. I think that's why I like it so much. Its peaceful, relaxing, and I want that. Maybe that's why I like being in there. Its so mellow, unlike every other aspect of my life. I can sit in there and read, relaxing to the soft music, reading books and magazines. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? A little slice of heaven on earth. Hopefully whoever buys it will keep that atmosphere. Damn it! I want it!

I am being summoned to pour some cereal for the kids. Coffee break is over.

1 comment:

KaiCeder said...

Sounds like your slump has a whole lot to do with the time of life you're in. I remember those kind of days. The only advice I can give you is to not make big life-changing decisions while feeling this way, and find something that you can be creative at even if it's for only five minutes a day. Something that is all your and all you.
You've got some big things going on and that have gone on in the last year or two.
I would so buy that shop with you if I could. But it would be kind of hard to work at from Canada.