Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day






Such a bitter sweet day. We went over to my parents to grill out. My dad did the grilling, which I didn't say a word about. I figured this would be the last time that he grilled for his family, and I wanted him to have that moment. Right after we ate, he went into to bed to try and ease the pain in his belly. I took the girls in there to give him his cards and we all ended up laying in his bed together. After a while I shooed the girls out so I could spend some time with my dad. It will be forever ingrained in my mind and heart, us, laying side by side talking for 45 minutes or so. I loved every moment of it. But that naughty thought that this would be the last Father's Day I spent with my dad always lingered on my mind. How could it not?



Anyway, here are some pictures from today, the pool ones are from at our neighbors house. We are very lucky to have such great neighbors, that all the adults and the kids get along, to have them as friends. There are many blessings in our lives, even though sometimes they are hard to see through the rain clouds.

4 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

What a wonderful time you had with your Dad on Father's Day. I will be remembering you all in my prayers. God bless,
Cindy

Kim Sjoquist said...

I am so glad you got to have the moment...that's one of the moment's you will probably always remember. I know I don't know you very well ,Sue, but you are always never far from my mind.

JD at I Do Things said...

Those pictures of you and your Dad with your kids are so precious. You'll remember this day forever.

JD at I Do Things

Brenda Starr said...

My heart reaches out to you Sue. You are enjoying each moment and that is the best you can do....