Friday, December 15, 2006

Coming Out of Our Ears

The company that Dion works for is very generous for the holidays. Here's a list of items that have arrived on our doorstep.

  • Venison sausage
  • Cantaloupe Jelly
  • A capon
  • A brisket
  • A whole ham
  • Blue Cheese

So, like my subject line says, we have food coming out of our ears. I think Dion is going to cook up the capon Saturday, and I think we are saving the ham for Christmas. Who knows when the rest will be prepared. Well, except the Blue Cheese. We happily hand that over to my parents every year. And maybe the venison sausage, I just can't force myself to eat that. **involuntary shiver***

I can't believe that we are 10 days away from Christmas. This year has disappeared before my very eyes. But the thing that is bothering me the most is the fact that we have no snow. I hate having Christmas without snow. There's something just not right about that, and it's even more not right that we live in MN and we have no snow. Dion bought the girls snow tubes to go down the hill in the back yard. That's kind of a hard task when there's no snow. Plus, I want to try them out too.

I have to get packages in the mail, and cards sent out. Yikes. I have a lot to do. Now, don't post a comment saying shame on me, but we don't even have our tree up yet! I know, I know, but seriously, we haven't had a lot of time. Whatever....leave me alone.

I have found myself subbing a lot in the past few weeks, which I enjoy doing, but it takes up a bit of extra time. But like I said before, I have also been doing things for myself. Such as last night. A group of women from the office and I went out to eat and to a play. We went to Outback, which I had never been, and when we got there we found out we had another half an hour for buy one get one free drinks. I can't remember what the drink was that I had, but it was delicious, as was the food. We all had a good time, and even though all of us seemed to be dragging our feet before we left, I think we got over it pretty quick.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I really want to write more just for the mere fact of writing, but I have nothing really to write about. What I can say though is that I think 2007 will be bringing some changes to the Flaska household. Change is good. Scary at times, but good.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Outback is one of my favorite restaurants (I say poo-poo to snobs who hate restaurant chains). Their Alice Springs chicken is divine.

As for the lack of snow, I'm in the same mind set you are. It just isn't Christmas without the snow. There are still places here where the grass is green! Sunday it was warm enough to hang laundry outside... I didn't because it seemed wrong, but that's how warm it has been. And in Maine in December, it's NEVER that warm.