Friday, February 04, 2005

Memories

Here they are, broken down into different groups....

Grade school: I used to climb up this pine tree that bordered Gebhardt Rd. My hands would get sticky from the sap, it smelled like Christmas, I could see forever. I loved it. I could get so high up that if the wind blowed, the tree would rock back and forth.

High School: My favorite times in HS would be when my friends and I would just hang out. We went sledding down a hill so big, you were tired by the time you walked back up. We would have bonfires and listen to music, drive around town being, I have to admit, a little odd, and of course who could forget Twister? Really, a timeless game.

College: Never had four years gone by as fast as these. Here is where I met my husband, I lived with Brandy (my maid of honor) where way too many things happened to narrow it down (well, ok, I will say that one time we left the oven on for like 3 days without knowing it....what can I say? We didn't cook much.). Lots of parties I guess could go down in the record books. Do I dare talk about the time I couldn't make it inside to the bathroom to pee? Nope.

Pine Lake Camp: holy cow...here's another one that's way too hard to narrow down. I worked there for 5 years, that's a lot of memories. Let's see, teaching Tricia how to make those S Treats actually worth doing, going to the bowling alley after a long week to do some dancing, I once scared a camper from out the cabin window so bad he broke the bunk bed. How about Hamburger Days where we sumo wrestled, raced beds, and did the slide of ketchup? Then there's Wheelhouse and Scoopers, jumping from the bridge, and, my favorite, being on Support Staff.

Present Day (kind of): of course, my wedding, the birth's of my daughters, getting together with family, my Mayo second opinion, my last day of chemo/radiation, all the friends and family who have made the trip up here to see us this past year....what a blessing.

Ok, I have to stop for a bit, nature calls, and I probably should get some things done around here.....we'll see if that happens. Don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Kari Morgan said...

Thaks for sharing a bit about yourself with us...its fun to get to know people this way!