Monday, June 07, 2010

Day One? Survived.

The first official day of summer with the girls is about over and we all have survived. Yay! Today was packed full of not much of anything. I did make a hair wrap for each of the girls, which they seem to like for now. We played outside, went swimming in our friends pool, watched some quality movies like Winnie the Pooh, and played outside some more. I was going to go to my mom's, but I decided that the first day home would be just that.

I am noticing that the summer is rapidly filling up with things to do and places to go. That seems to happen every year. It's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

I say the day is almost done because as I type this, out of the corner of my eye I see a little 6 year old girl who is trying to take a stand against going to bed. They are having trouble understanding that while they don't have school in the morning, they can't stay up all night. I think she just made her way over to the stairs. She has been a handful as of late, getting that little kindergartner attitude. And just ask either of my girls....I know nothing. They will ask me a question, to which I answer, and then they proceed to tell me that I am wrong. Oh how I don't long for the teen age years.

And now to go give kisses and hugs good night.....

No comments: