Sunday, November 11, 2007

Jury Duty

Did I mention that I have jury duty for three months? Unlike a lot of people, it doesn't really bother me all that much. The one thing that I don't like is having to call to see if I actually have to show up that day. For example, I am to go in on the 19th. I am supposed to call in the morning of to listen to a recording to see if I actually have to report. At 10:30am to be exact. So I do what I am supposed to do. I call at 10:30am, not knowing if I will have to change things around for work, daycare, and preschool. What has happened both times I have gotten a letter? The recording says to call back at 10:45am to be told if I have to report or not. Both times I have not had to report. I get all excited to be a part of the system, to have all my hopes dashed. I mean, they do pay $20 a day, and they do give about $.19 a mile for mileage. I live about 3 blocks from the courthouse, so I am talking about big bucks I would be getting for this. I told Dion the only way it could get any better would be if I would get sequestered. How awesome would that be? I would take a bunch of books, some bubble bath, and comfy pj's. Sigh.......I can dream, right?

1 comment:

Shari said...

Hubby was up for jury duty. They mailed him several letters. They had dates. He called me from work one day to look up the letter from the Courthouse and see what courtroom number it was. I told him and he said it was canceled. This was on a Friday and he was to have "jury duty" on the following Monday. He was sooo looking forward to that. Probably settled out of court. I never get letters from the courthouse for jury duty. Probably has a thing on my "record" stating I was hearing impaired. No jury duty for me.