Sunday, September 09, 2007

I Can't Catch Up




Things have been so busy on my end of the world that I understand why I felt totally refreshed after sleeping 12 hours the other night. 12. That's all it took. Until the next week starts and I try to catch up with everything again.


A week ago Saturday, my mom and I drove down to Milwaukee to get my niece who is now living with us. We left on Sunday, so it was a tiring weekend just from the driving. She is getting settled, and now has a little one attached to her side. Nadia has a new best friend. They are all doing so well together, which is good, and slowly I am trying to get it through the heads of the girls that when Kelsey tells them something, they will listen. One day we will get there. Kelsey has been a huge help around the house, with us never having to ask her to do anything. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to come home from work and things are put away and there is Kelsey waiting to greet us. The next step is to find her a job, and then in the spring she will be going to the tech school here. She will get her generals done at a fraction of the cost, and then will have to decide what to do from there. I am doing what I can to guide her in a positive direction, but she really does make it easy.


Work has been nutty. I am pushing 30 hours of comp time and I am not sure when I will be able to use those, but time will tell. It was the first week of school last week for the district. To say things were crazy would be an understatement. I put in in extra 7 hours of work just last week alone. Tomorrow Claire is on her way to preschool, and Nadia is on her way the next day. I will have to keep writing things down just to keep it straight when what kids is going to school when and for how long and all that other jazz.


I am going back to the foot doctor tomorrow for an issue I don't think I have mentioned before, but this will be my 3rd visit. The last visit they gave me a cortisone show....IN......THE.....SIDE.....OF.....MY.....FOOT! I told her she got one shot (buh dump bump) and that was it. I will never do another cortisone shot in my foot ever again. There has been talk about surgery but we will see. I am going to see if I can get a copy of the x-ray of my foot and try and post it on here.


Ok, the girls are being naughty and they need to go to bed, so I must get going. I will try to be better at posting when things settle down a little bit for me. Later.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good to read the update! Your girls are as adorable as ever. I think your dog has made his first appearance, also (at least since I've been reading). he's adorable!
Glad to hear things with Kelsey are going so well. any why IS driving so exhausting, anyway? All you're doing is sitting still! One of life's great mysteries, I guess.
~Amalia~
PS Have you posted on thisisby.us yet? If so, let me know where I can read it!

Shari said...

You got a big helper now. Cool. I hope she can figure out what she wants to do when the general classes are done.

Your kids are getting so BIG!! :)

I hope your foot is okay. I have something wrong with my foot, too. Been putting off seeing a doc about it. I don't know if it's a bone spur or arthritis. At my age!! Sigh.

TTYL.