Saturday, September 29, 2007

What?!? September's Almost Over?

Where did this month go? It has been so busy around here, that I guess it is no surprise that I missed almost the whole month. Let's focus on some highlights, shall we?

Claire turned five this month. Where did those five years go? She obviously missed the cut-off date of September 1st to go into kindergarten, but I am kind of happy about that. Having her in another year of preschool won't do her any harm, and it's fun for the girls to know that they go to the same school. Plus, I would rather Claire be one of the oldest in the class than the youngest. I was older than most and enjoyed it.

This month (also Claire's birthday) was our 9th anniversary too. But because it falls on Claire's birthday we sort of push it to the side until we can have a little time for ourselves. 9 years. Where did they go too?

We got a treadmill from Dion's parents and I am on it every other day. I listen to my MP3 and walk/run my fool heart out. Kelsey and I use it on opposite days...I am waiting to see if Dion will brave it next. After using it today, I showered and then have spent the rest of the day doing laundry and cleaning the house. This is my break before I tackle the kitchen.

Kelsey is getting a nice little break from the girls right now. She is at my mom's house watching Phantom of the Opera, her favorite film. She has been applying to different jobs, and is hoping to start working soon. Like I said before, we love having her around, and the girls are rather thrilled too. She has been talking about what she wants to do as a career, and a pastry chef has come up in conversation, but you know how it is when you are 18. I don't understand how they expect kids that age to know what they want to do for the rest of their lives. I know I had no clue, and in some ways, still don't.

Ok, off to clean the kitchen. Jealous?

Oh, and by the way.....a special message for The Older Red...you know who you are....I can't even begin to list the ways that I am cool. There are far too many. In fact, I am so cool that I wouldn't mind doing dinner with you are the better half one of these YEARS! That's right....I said better half. Check your calender so we can finally line something up. And stop the whining. I don't want to hear it.

No comments: