Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just A Little Moment For Myself





Never fear Amalia the silence is nothing more than my personal, professional, and mental selves colliding. Nothing bad, it just seems like this month has been one for the books. August is usually pretty busy, but this one has been trying really really hard to make me say "uncle".


Let's discuss, shall we?


We won't even go back to the cancer walk, or my 6 month check, that's old news. Let's just talk about the past 2 weeks or so. We had a mini vacation, which I came home sick. Luckily that went away pretty fast. This past weekend we made the 5 hour trek to my in-laws house with the girls. It was a good weekend, just a lot of hustle and bustle since my brother in law and fam were visiting from Utah. They also have two girls so here's how the breakdown went....


Claire: 4 (almost 5, just ask her)

Winter: 3

Nadia: 3

Kristy: 2


So, four kids 4 and under. Yikes! They all got along really well and played and played and ran and ran, and they even got a "game" of boccie ball in.


Somehow the drive home was a little over 6 hours, but to be fair we did stop at a Mc D's that had a play land so the girls could run around a little bit.


I have put in almost 20 hours of comp time at work. Now that the summer program is coming to an end, we need to get ready for the school year. I ran our registration last week, and this week I have to be at both grade schools to represent the program for their open houses. Another 3 and a half hours of comp. I have hired new staff, so there's been quite a bit of training going on, plus let's just discuss on how it is SO time for the kids to be back in school. Speaking of, also this week I have two open houses for Claire and Nadia's preschool. I had to get school supplies last night to be ready for those.


A while back, maybe 6 or 7 months, we offered to let my niece to live with us while she goes to college. There's a lot of yadda yadda yadda in there, so to make a long story short, she is moving in this weekend. This means that I had to somehow convince Claire that the little bedroom would be awesome. All she said was that it had to be painted. No problem. She picked light blue for the past week, until yesterday when she changed her mind to light purple. So purple it is. Dion and I started painted it last night, knowing that we have to get all of Claire's stuff out of her room to get ready for Kelsey. We have a little bit left to do tonight, then we are golden.


On to the house situation. Yes, we were disappointed that we lost that house, but it opened up the floor for some serious discussion. We have decided to stay here for a bit, as money is tight, selling a house is tight, and even if we finally got an offer (or how about even a looker?) I don't really want to move in the winter. We have begun to change some things in our house, and so far I like the way things are going. We have a lot of work to do, but when don't we? The girls are going to have the whole basement to themselves as a playroom, which will be nice. I talked to our neighbors last night and they were pretty happy. Also, I would feel horrible taking Claire away from Dewey, who she says is her brother (they live next door).


So that is where we are at. It has been a whirlwind and will be for the rest of the week, but that's what keeps us young, right? Or, wait....did I mean insane? Eh, either one.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So good to read all the updates! Maybe with Kelsey at home, you and Dion can have a little more alone time? College kids make great baby sitters!

Glad you're back.

~Amalia~

PS The comment you left? I cried. Thank you for that image.

Shari said...

Looks like the kids are having loads of fun in the pics. :)

I wasn't worried about your "silence". I just figured you were busy. Sometimes I get busy. Usually I have a few items sitting around in drafts waiting to be posted so I post those. Only thing is, I used them up. LOL. To busy to add a few more for those "blog droughts". :)