Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The First Time

I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I will. I am really just that kind of person...no holds barred, if you know what I mean.

Tomorrow, we are heading up north to the resort that Dion's company owns and lets employees use. We will be spending 3 days/2 nights there as a family. A family mini-vacation. I can hardly believe that we have never gone somewhere by ourselves, together. Now, I have many times WANTED to go somewhere, but it seemed like chemo, cancer, radiation, surgeries (mine and Dion's), work, etc have gotten in the way the last 3 and a half years. In fact, the last trip Dion and I took was when Claire was about 6 months old and we went to FL to visit my parents. We gotta get out more.

So I am looking forward to spending time away from all the crap at home, with my loving husband and my little ones. We will be boating, swimming in the lake, walking in the woods, we might even break out the kites I bought a few weeks back. It will be awesome. Pictures to come.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Have a wonderful time!

Shari said...

Ditto to Amelia's comment. :) I should say you guys deserve a weekend get-away. :)