Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday is Done

Today seemed to go on and on and on. I might even have to go to bed after this, I am tired. Claire had the right idea this morning when I went into her room to wake her up. This is what she told me.....

"Mommy, the sun isn't up yet, I need to sleep more."

That was the best idea I heard all day long. Today felt like a day of putting out fires. I don't feel like I got a lot done, then on top of it, I had to work an hour late, then as soon as I walked in the door with the girls, I got a call to go back to work, and I did. I had to wait for Dion to come home, so I made dinner for the girls, ate a hotdog off of a fork, and left.

But, on a brighter note, we are going out of town this weekend to my college roommate's home. I can hardly wait! We haven't seen each other in about a year, so I am really looking forward to it. Not to mention that her daughter and Claire are only four months apart in age, so that will be fun.

Why do I eat popcorn? At this moment I am contorting my tongue to try and get the kernels out of my gums. They hurt, but it's such a tastey treat!

I know I have talked about Netflix before, but I am going to push them on you some more. Get it. It is worth the money. You'll watch movies you wouldn't have rented, and some of them won't suck. I would be lying if I said they were all good movies. Some will suck. I would be sad if we had to go back to just renting movies. We watched part of The Longest Yard (the original) and I was pretty impressed. What we saw was pretty good, kind of funny and odd seeing Burt Reynolds with no mustache.

I talked about tax time and how much I LOVE it. Well, I am getting closer and closer to being done with taxes, but I did get a final number on who much we spent (out of pocket) on medical and dental. Are you ready? Drum roll please.....dumdumdumdumdumdum (or however a drum sounds) a little over $12,000. No, not $1200, not $12.00, not $1.200, TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. That could buy a lot of Peeps. I know that insurance pays for so much, but I guess now I know where all of our money has gone. That's $4000 more than last year. We are hoping to keep our bills right around $4000 this year. We'll see. Maybe this weekend I will finish our taxes and get some of that money back.

Well, I think I am going to hit the hay. I have a lot to do tomorrow at work, plus I have to pack for the weekend. Oh crap. I forgot to do some laundry. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow night. Or not.

No comments: