Friday, February 03, 2006

Ironic, Quirky, Funny, Stupid

Just a random list of things.....

I count stairs when I go up or down them. Always.

I have quit biting my nails on 7 different occasions. None have kept.

When Dion and I first met, he was metal, I was grunge. Now we are a mix of everything.

I can't stand finding hair on my fingers after showering. Then I have to do chemo which makes chunks of hair fall out into your fingers.

The lady who did my pink ribbon tattoo was diagnosed with breast cancer this past summer.

I drive a minivan.

I am starting to warm up to the color pink....by force.

I never really liked cats before. Now we have two, Tater and Cotton (or Girl Kitty as Claire calls her).

All the complaining I did about hauling Dion's GI Joe junk around for all these years, was in vain. He has made us a nice little profit on eBay with those same toys.

Before becoming an English major, I was an Early Ed major. I now work in two grade schools, neither as a teacher or anything dealing with my English major.

One third grader at work says that I am 13 years old. 31 backwards. I will be 12 this year.

If I didn't have my miscarriage before Claire, I would not have found my tumor myself.

This past summer I broke my finger doing laundry. My ring is still bent.

I still love the movie "Annie".

Diet Coke....breakfast of champions (me).

Nadia calls Sponge Bob "Pee Pop".

Some of my closest friends in town are 10-20 years older than I am. I like to remind them of that.

This year Dion and I will have been married for 8 years.

If it didn't cost so much, I would love to build a deck off of the end of our driveway.

I still want 4 kids.

When I was diagnosed with cancer I remember holding my head in my hands bending over (as much as I could 8 months pregnant) and crying, then sitting back up and saying "What do we do now?" and thinking that what I said sounded like a line from a movie.

I can't remember what my life was like before we had kids. What the heck did I do all of the time?

I wish I had the nerve to sit down and write the books I have been dreaming.

If you look at the characters of Winnie the Pooh, you will see people you know in each of them....Eyeore's negative thinking, rabbit's almightier than thou attitude, Piglet's everyday fears based off of his size, Kanga and Roo's epitome of a parent/child relationship, Owl's determination to show everyone how smart he is, when in fact, he really isn't, Tigger's care-free attitude where nothing really bothers him, except when his feelings are hurt, and good old Pooh bear. He's ok with himself, he knows he's not perfect, he knows that he isn't the smartest animal around, but his heart is huge, he cares for others. If only we could all be like Pooh bear.

When I eat cake at home, I put it in a bowl with milk and eat it with a spoon. Don't judge me.

I have a weakness for Peeps and cotton candy, in that order. Oh, and marshmallows, but I suppose those fall under the Peep category.

One of my favorite things to see is someone tripping and falling. I wouldn't laugh (out loud) if they got hurt, but I would if they jumped up and pretended like nothing happened. Come on, we've all done that before.

I have a weakness for American Idol. I don't know why.

I used to watch Survivor all of the time, but it seems like every few years or so, Dion and I miss a season. I think this is that season.

I think I need more hobbies......

No comments: