Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

I think we are setting records in the amount of snow this year. Not too long ago we got about 20 inches, then added another 6 or so, then today added another 4 or 5. Snow snow snow! But that's ok. It is so beautiful outside, and rather peaceful. Which is good. Peaceful is good.

Work is going well. I am still exhausted by the end of the day, which I kind of hoped with even out by now. Not sure what is wrong with me, but it would be nice to be able to stay up past 9 or so again.

The kitchen is almost completed in our house, minus a few touches here and there. It's like being in a different house when we are in our kitchen. It is so nice and beautiful, and very easy to work in. The rest of the addition is coming together, but we still don't know when my mom will be able to move in. I think we are all looking forward to that day, as she hasn't been doing the best as of late. The pain meds barely take the edge off of her pain, and I will just feel safer when she is here and I am able to help her on a regular basis. I know she is looking forward to that too. She has developed an infection in her wound, and I blame the insurance company. They have messed around with getting her infusion approved, which was helping her so much before. They began by denying the medication in the infusion. Now they have approved that, but not the saline. The saline? Really?? I hope it gets straightened out soon so she can get back to the job of healing. Ugh. It's frustrating. More so for her, but frustrating to watch.

Tonight we will do the 5th annual reading of The Night Before Christmas. After the story is done, we always hear Santa's bells outside so the girls know they should get to bed so Santa will come. Works out nice....

Other than that, it has been a day of staying in our pj's, not doing a whole lot of anything. Sounds perfect to me.

1 comment:

KaiCeder said...

Happy Christmas, Cousin!