Thursday, December 30, 2010

The End of Another Year

I can't believe this year is almost over. And what better way to end it than with the flu. Ugh. Not so good times, but I am over the hump and will go back to work tomorrow after missing 2 days. I am still a little sore but I think it was from the actual puking process.

I have had the girls home with me today and it was manageable. There were times when I wanted to crawl under my covers in my bed to get away from them, but I didn't. Like when Nadia was bouncing against the couch, or when Claire was yelling in my ear, or when they took over the TV. But then I remember the cards they bought me and signed with their cute penmanship, and the soft teddy bears they picked out and gave to me last night, and every thing's alright. It's not easy on anyone when Mommy's sick. The world sort of comes to a screeching halt as though nothing is capable of happening until said Mommy is healthy again. Why is that? I did manage to clean the kitchen (twice) today. Once from the normal kitchen clean up stuff, then again to pick up all of the play dough gadgets left from the girls. Of course that had to include sweeping up the little bits of dough that were all over the floor. I have a headache, but I really don't want to have to go upstairs to get the pills. I'm tired and crabby and Dion just sent a text that he is running almost an hour late. Fantastic. Good day to have him come home late.

But anyway, this year was kind of up and down for me. I am looking forward to starting a new year, with new hopes and such. I am hoping that I can get some energy back and enjoy things more than I did in 2010.

I have to stop for now, as I have four extra eyes looking over me and reading everything out loud, which may or may not be exasperating my headache. But it is kind of funny listening to my eldest trying to pronounce it. Repeatedly. Can't figure out why my head hurts....

No comments: