Saturday, March 05, 2005

A quilt of memories

I usually have a hard time getting projects going for whatever reason, but I have been holding out on this one for a few months. I was pondering what I was going to do with all of my bandanas when my hair grew back. I decided on making a quilt. Now, keep in mind that the last time I used a sewing machine was in 7th grade when I made a hunter green sweatshirt, and not really a good one at that. I remember not really enjoying my time in home ec (go figure), so I wasn't sure how this project I decided to tackle would go. I was pleasantly surprised, and only bled once. My biggest fear in completing this was the fear that I was going to jinx myself. But, after thinking about it, I thought, hell, if I have to go through this again, the least I can do is buy myself some new bandanas. So, with no further ado....tahhhhhhh dahhhhhhhhh!! (see pictures below)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow, Sue, what a GORGEOUS quilt! It's something I always wanted to do but I never got around to it. I went to a quilting class at Gilda's Club a couple of times during my chemo but I never quite finished the quilt. Er, basically all I did was rip up an old one that I was going to use to make a new one! I still have the pieces, though, and every time spring cleaning comes around they stay, so it will happen on of these days.

Congratulations on this beautiful project.