Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Baby Turned One

I can hardly believe that a whole year has gone by! I can hardly believe that Nadia is one! We had a nice quiet celebration, well, as quiet as things can be with a one year old and a two and a half year old. Poor Nadia...Claire really felt that everything was hers, and the phrase of the night was "That's mine!" Did I mention that she's two?

This will be a birthday to remember though. This past Friday we got a nice snowstorm that dropped about 12-18 inches of the white stuff. Go figure this one out, about 2 hours north of us got about 2 inches. Not very often do you hear people say that they are going up north where there's no snow, but I actually heard someone say that on Friday.

My fear with Nadia's birthday was that it would have a sad tone to it, since just two days earlier was my 1 year cancerversary. I was afraid that it would be like "Yes, it's her birthday, but.....". I cannot say that I did not think about where we were a year ago, but there were not as many negative feelings as I thought there would be. So that was good. I can only imagine that in time it will improve too, so there's something to look forward to, right?

1 comment:

Kari Morgan said...

Aaawwww!!!! Happy birthday Nadia sweetie!!! Wow Sue...I can imagine how you were feeling...I am looking forward to Ava turning one in September-sometimes I wonder if it was wise of me to have had her on my birthday. Its funny, of all my kids she looks like me the most. Is that weird or what??? I'm sorry-this is your blog not an email...talk soon though -k-