Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mayo and My Mom

I took my mom to Mayo today for her abdominal wound. While it is healing, it is not healing at a rate that the doctor wants. And yes, it looks better than it did a few months ago, but at this rate, it will take forever. So, to help speed up the process, her doctor wants to start her on an infusion of Remicade. From what I understand, it will go for about 3 months, once a month. Each infusion takes 2-3 hours. It has been used on other patience who have had similar problems, and seemed to help them. Of course keeping in mind that everyone reacts differently, it may or may not be as successful for her. Her wound is measuring about 12 inches long and about 5 inches high, taking up most of her abdomen.

I hope this new treatment works. This is getting ridiculous.

No comments: