Thursday, November 06, 2008

Little by Little

I can't believe it has been so long since I have written a single word. Things have been hectic, and I can't seem to catch up with anything right now. It has been almost 3 months since my dad died. It seems like a lifetime, a single day, a harsh reality, and surreal all at the same time. I have pictures of him through out the house, and sometimes I look at them and it just doesn't seem real. The image of how he looked when he died is slowly fading....still there, but not as fresh in my mind. I look at the pictures and see my dad again. How I have remembered him since as far back as I can remember.

Claire is about one root away from loosing her second tooth. Tonight she wrote the following in her little notebook....

"I see a cat"

My little girl is growing up. It's hard to wrap my brain around.

Nadia is convinced that she too has loose teeth. Or what they call it, "woggly" teeth. She is writing more and more, and I am always amazed as I watch her write left handed. Who would have known I would have a lefty?

I have picked up a second job helping run programs for disabled adults. I don't work all that often, but when I do, I love it. They are such a caring group of people. They love you for who you are. And quite honestly, they make me feel good.

Yesterday i found my dad's collection of matchbooks. There's probably over 300 of them. I sifted through the boxes, picking up ones that caught my eye. It was a very comforting thing, knowing that my dad had touched every one of those matchbooks. I came across many interesting ones, locally and internationally. I found one from the country club where our wedding reception was. I touched them gingerly, almost as if to absorb a part of my dad. And I think I did. Odd, I know, but.....

I go back to Mayo on Monday to do another pulmonary function test and meet with my doctor again just to make sure things are a-ok with my sarcoidosis. My function test is at 9:15 and my doctor appointment is at 2. Could they spread it out a little further?

Ok, I guess that's it for now. Just thought I would update a little and let you know I am still around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on truckin'. Glad to know you're OK. How wonderful...your second job. Take care