Sunday, August 03, 2008

Closer and Closer

Things have gone downhill quite a bit this week for my dad. I got a call on my cell on Friday from my mom. My dad had fallen and she needed help getting him up. With her multiple hernias, there is no way that she should lift him. Kelsey was with the girls and I tooling around town looking for garage sales, so we were able to get over there pretty fast. I walked into the bedroom to find my dad sitting on the floor. Kelsey and I got him into a standing position and eased him back onto the bed. I checked his back since he had fallen backwards against the nightstand, and there was an impressive scrape about 5 inches long.

He lost his footing again the next morning, but my mom was behind him and able to stabilize him. He is starting to say things that make no sense to us, but I'm sure in his mind make perfect sense. He is very active in his dreams, twitching, using his hands doing something in the air (it looks like his is picking stuff out of the air), or using his hands to turn what would look like a facet.

Today I am taking Nadia to the parade for River City Days, and then I think we will go over to my parents house. Our time is limited.

2 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

Just wanted to say that you and your family are in my thought and prayers. May God comfort you all during this time. (((Hug)))

Eliza Brock said...

Your family is also in my prayers Sue.