Friday, January 20, 2006

Just One Little Break...Please

If you can hardly even believe it, I had the flu AGAIN last Sunday and Monday. And by again, I mean it's the third time since the beginning of December. Thank God the rest of the family didn't get it again too. Flu shot? I will never never ever ever never ever get one again. Ever.

Work has been kicking me into the ground. I have been doing 12 hour days trying to train in new people, covering shifts, doing my own job, and playing catch up. I take that back. Yesterday was 12 and a half hours, but who's counting? I have been at the Sunnyside Elementary location and haven't seen the Burnside Elementary kids since last week. I opened and closed the program last night and got to catch up on how the kids are doing, which was nice. We played soccer in the gym and had a blast. I was called a chicken by one the boys, which I readily admitted to being. The last thing I wanted was a soccer ball in the face. I did score one time. I know, I know. I guess I really shouldn't brag about scoring against the 10 year olds. But in my defense, I scored on an adult.

My mom had her second hernia surgery this past Tuesday. I wish I could have been there for her, but I had to be at work at 6 AM, then had to haul butt to Rochester for treatment, then back to close the program. All in all the surgery went well, and she is banking on this being her last time being up close and personal with her doctor. I think we are all hoping the same for each of us.

So here I sit today at home. I haven't had my Fridays off since Oct 4th. I almost don't know what to do. I think I will put my dehydrater to work, and maybe the slow cooker too. The girls are doing well. I felt sad this week. They spent 43 1/2 hours in daycare Monday through Thursday. It was a long week for everyone. Dion leaves Monday for work until Thursday. Sigh. Someday I will be refreshed. Someday I will get some time for just myself. Someday.

No comments: