Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Odd Things Continued....

There are a few more things worth mentioning...well, maybe not really "worth" mentioning, but, alas, I will tell you anyway.

In the booming metropolis of Red Wing we have 2 Kwik Trip gas stations. I went into one the other day and decided that I was a little hungry. I had gotten burned once before when I bought something called a Tornado, which is kind of like a Taco Bell burrito. I thought I was buying a beef one, when in fact I bought a Southwest Chicken. I cannot handle any type of spicy foods, but since it did taste good, I ate the hot thing with lots of soda. I was not going to go down that road again, so I looked around a little more. Soups. Interesting. But wait! One of the containers was marked Macaroni and Cheese. Odd. I had never seen Mac and Cheese sold at a gas station. Any normal person would keep walking, because who buys Mac and Cheese at a gas station? Now you know someone who does. I must say it was SO good! And very hot.

I love working with kids. They are always saying things that are so funny and unique. I was playing Uno with one boy (yes I do get paid to play games sometimes, leave me alone!) and he put down a "Skip" card. With that he said "Skip-a-dee-doo-dah". I don't know why I found that so funny, but I couldn't stop laughing. Another girl announced when she got to the room that she had gotten a shot on her "Booty cheek" and that it had hurt. I tried not to laugh at that one because she was so serious about it. The kids really aren't odd, but they are funny so I had to include them.

Claire has learned the alphabet. She won't pee in the potty to save her life, but she knows her alphabet song. Well, mostly, until she gets to L M N O P. She says, "L N N O P" She also says at the end of the song "Next time don't you sing with me". But I do anyway, at everyone's dismay.

And the all time most odd thing you will read about for a long time......drum roll....Dion and I are actually starting to think about taking some sort of small vacation (the crowd gasps!). That's right. A vacation. And it will have nothing to do with hospital beds, procedures, pain, worry, fear, cancer. Can you imagine? I can't.

No comments: