Friday, April 22, 2005

Two Weeks Ago Today

Well, I have to admit that I feel much better than I thought I would. I really thought that I would have to be in bed most of the time, in constant pain, blah blah blah, but it has been the opposite, for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, there were times of a lot of pain, but that was mostly when I was in the hospital. I seemed to have more problems there, than I have had at home (knock on wood). I was brought to tears a few times from the pain, I had an allergic reaction to we think the morphine, I spiked a 102 fever one night (my normal is 97, once it was 96.3...really, are you surprised?), and we won't talk about what general anesthetic and narcotics do to a person's digestive system except to say that I was saved by what my friend refers to as the Sophie Bomb (Sophie is her grandma who has concocted the bomb out of 4 oz prune juice and 2 tablespoons of Milk of Mag. She really should paten it or something. And might I add that "bomb" is a very accurate word.) So, because of my lack of digestion issues, I ended up staying 6 days instead of 4.

I had my first check yesterday, and was given the green light to drive...ha ha ha..get it? Green light? Drive? Come on! That's kind of funny! Anyway, I still have 4 weeks until I can lift the girls, which is a hard thing not to do. I get yelled at enough around here for anything I lift....plates, chairs, but my favorite is Claire's foam chair. It's foam. Enough said.

Ok, I will end for now. Claire decided that it would be a good idea to get up at 6 this morning, and now we are going to watch Charolette's Web, which really is not a very uplifting story, and quite frankly, I think she can be a little mean at times. But Claire said she wanted to watch "the pig" so we will. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers for me these past few weeks. I know that is why I am doing as well as I am.

No comments: