Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Need For Speed

Why in the world do I find the need, while passing someone who is going WAY too slow in the fast lane, to look at them? Why must I see who is driving so incredibly slow? In most cases, it's a little old lady or man. Sometimes it is a younger twenty something person who must just be thinking so hard that their car cannot go the speed limit. Either way, I feel the need to look. They never look back. Why? Why don't you people look back so you can see the annoyance in my face? Just once. That's all I ask. And yes, I know I am admitting to passing in a no passing lane, but really, what other choice do I have?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to speed. LOve it, love it, love it....and I also feel the need to look at the slow guys/gals!

Heather said...

I totally do it, too. ESPECIALLY if I'm in my truck. My inner monologue goes like this: "Yeah, I'm passing you. In a truck. And I'm a girl. I'm hot. and WAY too cool to be stuck behind YOUR sorry ass!"

Thanks for the laugh!

smithgonefishin said...

I'm totally the one going slow in the fast lane. I can't help it I always forget:)

KaiCeder said...

You must be related to my husband...ok, that's just too weird to think about seriously. Dirk is like that though. I think he gets behind every slow person in the county whenever he gets into the car.